Pages

Welcome to Roger's News! I hope you guys enjoy the articles and Videos I post on here!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

"PUT YOUR DREAM TO THE TEST" BOOK REVIEW



"PUT YOUR DREAM TO THE TEST"  BOOK REVIEW
By John C. Maxwell

Let me start off by saying this is a awesome, read. It definitely changed my viewpoint on several things I had misconceptions about, and things I did not have misconceptions about. I have always felt when it comes to dreams there is a fine line between keeping your head in the sky and dream, and being overly practical. I feel he walks the line well, saying that we need to “take time to dream every day” but at the same time says “The more unrealistic your dream, the more you be tempted to depend upon things that you cannot control to make it a reality.” Also so he says that “ There is no Magic power in having a dream. You can't just wait for it. You have to work for it.” You also cannot accomplish the dream without a team. In order for that to happen you must successfully transfer the dream to others lighting the same fire for your dream which you have to work together to accomplish it. I found the story he told about Bob Taylor the founder of Taylor guitars. He said when Bob talked about making guitars he would light up and overflow with passion- so much so making the other feel the same rush and passion. In the first chapter he addressed the question of discovering if quote “your dream” is actually your dream or some one else's. So many people out there are living others dreams not ment for you at all! He States “ “Anytime you see people pursuing a midlife career change, you can almost be certain they had been living some one else's dream and lost their way.” But he also states “ When the dream is right for the person and the person is right for the dream, yo cannot separate them from each other. “ Also he makes the point that your dream will never come true without sacrifice and leaving your comfort zone. “ And there is always out there who will not like your dream- give your harsh criticism. What ever you do, don't give up- embrace criticism and lean how to work though it and never never give up. This is just scratching the surface but, I believe that everyone with a vision, a dream, a passion- this is a must read! This will totally make your think about things you had never thought about before and give you a road map to accomplishing and living your dream!  

0 creative comments:

 

Blogger news

banner

Blogroll

About

banner