Pages

Welcome to Roger's News! I hope you guys enjoy the articles and Videos I post on here!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Opinion on the Avengers

Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. Romans 12: 19

Ok, I know everyone has been talking about the new The Avengers film, and yes I also know that it has great CGI computer graphics, and it's made over 1 billion worldwide, but hey that doesn’t make it good. The Bible verse at the top and the title should tell you something right off. Now I know. Well, there “fighting the good fight” -of what Justice? Well, there each willing to lay down there life for there friends, and the public. - well, that's good and all, but let actually look at the content for a minute. First of all, it;s very violent. What was once the standard for R rated films, is now the norm for PG 13 film such as this one. We see people get punched, kicked, thrown, bashed, smashed, clunked, clinked, pounded, kneed, stabbed, shot, and vaporized. We see explosions, things blow to bits, and even a guy get run all the way trough with the blood rushing out. Read Matthew 5: 38- 39 saysYou have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.Exodus 20:13- “You shall not Murder” Matthew 26: 52-54 Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword. Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels? But how then should the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so?” Let's start off with the bad guy. Now “no shock here”.. right? “he suppose to be evil.” He not only personifies Satan, meanwhile making everyone bow to him, just as the devil tempted Jesus during his time on earth. In fact his benefactor makes a clear reference to Luke 10: 18 clearly referring to our villain as the devil himself. He also makes a clear reference to Luke 8:1 implying it to his evil kingdom- much deferment then the one Jesus actually spoke of in Luke 8:1. This is just on top of him being “a bad guy” at the core. What was shocking was the heroes. We have Thor, an ancient Norse god, who is referred to as a god in the film, breaking the first commandment, a guy who's anger turns him into a powerful green monster. He also tries to commit suicide, which we all know is wrong. Psalms 37:8 says “ Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath! Fret not yourself it tends only to evil. “ We have a guy who parades around thinking he's uncle sam. And we have a Billionaire playboy who dresses in a red metal suite. The “Heroes” use quite the selection of vile language such as 5 or 6 “h---” and “d—n” and a few “a--”, “p--”, “B—ch”, and B—tard” Not to mention all the times they thoughtlessly throw around the name of the LORD like a rag doll. Also breaking the third commandment. Christians I think we should take offense. What if some took your name and dragged it trough the mud a few times. Used your name as a put down. I think not. Our Hero's also lie and mislead, breaking the ninth commandment. A Quip is also made of at the expense of adoption. I find that offensive, because I was adopted and I think all who were adopted should take offense, if they love their family. A reference is made to a character being on weed. Drugs destroy lives, God's precious creation, and Visual references are made to other false religions. This Trash I have just described, is the topical action film today. Are us Christians so shallow these days that we will watch something as trashy as this? Why do people sacrifice there morals, and defy and disobey their God , The one who MADE them for just two hours of entertainment? Is our faith so meaningless? In John 14:15 it says “ If you love me you will keep my commandments” . The sad thing is to most this type of thing is morally acceptable. I challenge you to think, Would Jesus watch this?

0 creative comments:

 

Blogger news

banner

Blogroll

About

banner