
The Age of Technology
But here's what I found to be most interesting: The article also discussed the average age limits that these
tech-savvy parents set for kids and their gadgetry. Mums said that children should be 7 years old before getting
an iPod, 10 for an e-mail account, 11 before landing their first cell phone, 13 for a desktop, 14 for social networking
site privileges and 15 for a smartphone.
And while I was thinking those age ranges sounded a bit young, the article's author thought those limitations
were set "fairly high" for the kids of today.
Do most folks really think 11 years old is way past the sell-by date on kids and cell phones? I'm finding that
hard to believe. So should mom and dad be handing out flip phones at, what, 9 or 8? Should your tyke really
be surfing MySpace at the ripe old age of 10?
Call me old fashioned, but I'm thinking kids ought to be able to at least tie their own shoes before they start
tweeting Justin Bieber.
0 creative comments:
Post a Comment